Friday, October 20, 2006

Yarn Review: Blue Heron

Blue Heron Yarns, 89% silk/12% rayon twist in Tulip

I love this yarn. The moment that I saw the beautiful colorway and the unusual texture of this yarn I was hooked. When I touched it I had to have it. I can't seem to get a good photo. I'm certainly not the world's greatest photographer.



It has an unusual feel to it, sort of rich, as in thick and creamy. The finished shawl has an excellent drape but retains it's shape very well. I've worn it many times and there is no fuzzing (is that a word) or pills. It did shed a little while I was knitting it but it doesn't leave any fibers on my clothes now that it's been handled. I would definitely choose this yarn again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.