Monday, June 18, 2007

Product Review: KA High Quality Bamboo Needles


I'm using the KA High Quality Bamboo Needles in size 0US/2.0mm instead of my usual KnitPicks dpns on my latest pair of socks and I really like them. The Brittany size 0's that I used in the past were too weak to pick up and knit the wraps on my shortrow heel. I snapped one on the first sock I knit with them. But these KA's are tough. Almost no bending, even on the k2tog's. They're made in Japan of aged bamboo and I guess that makes all the difference.


Here's a picture of the points for comparison. The KA's are a little blunter but sometimes that's a good thing. The KnitPicks are capable of drawing blood and are very slippery. I dropped one while I was sitting on a straw bale at the Fort Frederick Market Fair and it took Doug and I about five minutes to find it. The legendary needle in the haystack. The KA's stay in my knitting and in my hand but aren't grabby like some wood or bamboo needles. They have a smooth finish and feel good in my hand.



1 comment:

  1. These bamboo needles look great..I have been using bamboo flex needles for preemie blankets but today found a pair of lighted needles.
    The smallest I could get were size 6.
    Does anyone know where I can find size 1 and 4????
    Thanks,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.