Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Some finished projects

I knit a lot, but I don't always have finished projects. All week I've been swatching, but I realized I had finished these projects in the last couple weeks.

Pictured here is a "healing shawl" I knit using this fabulous merino cable yarn. It never sold well in the shop for some odd reason as it's a lovely yarn. So I've been enjoying it. I longed to work these three colors together. I go to a knitting group once a month at River Road UU church in Bethesda. This will be blessed and given to someone who is ill.








This hat uses the new ruffle yarn, Aloha, from Skacel. It's different to knit with and the results are fabulous.
The ruffle yarn is a wide knitted tape and you knit into the edge at 1-1.25" intervals, creating the ruffle. The tape has three colors, so depending on how you use it, different colors show up.

A more prolific knitter than I am, Sandy D'Onofrio brought some finished projects by for pics the other day. The Fibonacci sweater used a pattern from the knitting calendar. She knit it in Sierra from Cascade, in various shades with a great effect. The socks are in Lifestyle from Skacel and the Snazzy Hat is Squiggle and Lamb's Pride Bulky.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.