Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More Knitting in China

Anna Wong from San Francisco wrote me this about her trip to China:

I was in China in June & though we weren't on a shopping trip but on a "roots" journey, I told my family that the one thing I wanted to look for was dp needles.
I speak no mandarin & very bad cantonese. During the trip, I encountered 3 knitters while we were roaming local neighborhoods & though we couldn't actually converse, with limited words, much sign language & pulling out my sock work in progress, it was amazing what a common bond knitting is - they loved my self striping yarn while I was awed at their sweaters/skirt on the long needles. I finally was able to get enough info from one of the knitters to direct me to a shopping area where there was a stall full of crochet, knitting & sewing notions. I got both metal and bamboo 14" dp needles - ended up buying various sizes & enough to give as gifts to my knitting buddies - the cost was unbelievable, I got 14 sets for US $7.00.
Bottom line, thank you for sharing your experience which in turn gave me an experience I will treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.