Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall Knitting


It's fall, but it's sunny and warm. I want to get away from this computer and sit out in the sun and knit! I am thinking about hands today. My daughter, Rose, wants fingerless mitts to wear in her cold office. She requested, "A color that will go with everything, either black or hot pink". Not too many people think that hot pink goes with everything. In her case, it does.

I've wound a skein of black cashmere--I think I'll do those in a rib. Then I'm going to work up some 220 Superwash, an odd ball I have in a fuschia, which I know Rose will accept as it's in the bright pink family. I'll do that pair in a lace pattern I'm eager to work on.

I'm also eager to work with Autunno (pictured here), a lovely merino wool from DiVe that stripes. I was thinking about mittens, but I'm going to try to make lobster claw gloves. I have a pair for cycling and I like them...and they are different. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.