Saturday, April 26, 2008

What a Spring!

This has been quite a spring. On top of all the daily events of my life, the shop and Y2Knit, three major events transpired:
  • My youngest son, John, married Quy in a wonderful ceremony on March 29. Of course, the weeks and months leading up to the event were full of planning and activity. My week started with picking up my mom at the airport Monday evening. I hosted a rehearsal dinner on Friday, with a Mexican fiesta theme. My brother and sister-in-law did most of the cooking, we added Frankie's tamales and the meal was perfect. Jill and others set up while I was at the actual rehearsal.

    The next day had three main activities: the Vietnamese wedding at Quy's parents, a church wedding (yes, the women changed clothes) and finally, a large reception at a Chinese restaurant.

    I concluded the week of activity with a two day visit by my brother and sister-in-law in Funkstown.
  • Jill and I took a business trip to Italy April 10-16. It was kind of a whirlwind, but also very relaxing.
  • On April 19, my second grandson was born. Ian Roberts is the first child of his parents and arrived via c-section as he had a 16-inch head and weighed 9.5 lbs.


1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo for the new grandson! April 19 is MY birthday. I think he will be a grand little man!

    ReplyDelete

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.