Monday, June 29, 2009

Trees and Babies

I'm trapped inside while the crane and lift get the tree branch off my house. Two big pieces of equipment are outside, the neighbors lawn service is at work (two pickup trucks and a trailer), and I would surely risk bodily harm if I tried to get to where my car is parked down the street. When I do get out, I'm going to pick blueberries.

Yesterday was a barbecue at my son and DIL house. They are expecting Baby Goo on/about August 12, so guests delivered gifts, though they were not opened while we were there so I can't report more than that. I worked on baby socks while there.

My gift was a baby blanket (pale yellow organic cotton from Malabrigo), a pair of baby sox and two pairs of mitts.

I watched them lift the huge branch off the roof and lower to the ground. Didn't think to take the camera out with me. It was pretty impressive. They attached a cable and a girdle to the branch and just lifted, twisting to make the final break, then up and over it went. Now they'll trim back the branch, and new growth will eventually provide shade in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.