Friday, July 10, 2009

Field Trip to Be Sweet



When we were at TNNA I had a quick conversation with Nadine Curtis of Be Sweet. We share an awesome rep, Tina Hilton, who had suggested that Nadine talk to me about pattern grading. Susan had been by their booth and was told she'd won a door prize from them, but didn't believe them. Pic shows the tee I picked out for her and the replacement of Bubble yarn to match!

So Nadine said to go to the booth and get yarn so Susan and I went over on Monday, we were tired, and Kristine (Christine?) was tired and so I grabbed a couple of balls and said I'd get in touch with Nadine when she got back from vacation. Of course I swatched--who can resist pretty pink yarn?--and I had an idea to use their fabulous novelties and their bamboo yarn. Nadine and I emailed and I set up a field trip for Jennifer (my lovely assistant) and I to go to the Be Sweet studio in Sausalito. I also invited my mother, Jane, just because she loves to go almost anyplace.

I promised Mom ice cream so we took care of that before we went to Be Sweet. Then we headed upstairs to the Studio and an hour of fun ensued. Yarn was examined, we talked about design ideas and pattern collaborations. And Nadine showed us her new accessory products and things she'd purchased as inspirations. So we have some fun with all this great yarn and each of us came away with lots of sample yarns!


Prior to the visit, since returning from TNNA, Susan had executed, and Sandy (our very special test knitter) had tested a pattern to use the Be Sweet Bubble yarn. So a sample was sent out here to show to Be Sweet (of course I didn't bring a camera!) but it looked so fabulous on Kristine, who was wearing a fushia tee--and is young and pretty anyway. A pattern will be available soon! Tentatively named Bubble Whirl.

I have the makings of a Truffle top (raspberry Bamboo and chocolate Ribbon Ball).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.