Friday, August 7, 2009

Babies and Flowers

Not as much knitting as I'd like the last couple weeks. I took a few days after NWNM in Seattle and went to Bellingham to visit family, which includes 15 month old grandson Ian (not pictured). I was surprised to endure record heat in the Northwest, especially after 60 degrees and rain last year.

Back home and settled in waiting for Baby Boy Messiter to be born mid-August. Zane Carlos made an early appearance on August 3 at 7 lbs 10 oz and 21.5 inches--clearly ready to join us. Proud parents and grandparents!

I'm a bit distracted by my garden too. Not only is it absolutely beautiful right now, but there's lots to harvest too. This week's focus has been on herbs, gathering them in the cool morning and setting to dry.

The colors inspire me. I want to knit yellow, pinks and corals!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.