Friday, March 5, 2010

Heirloom Knitting


Every once in a while someone contacts me about unfinished projects left by a deceased person. My most recent encounter of this kind necessitated the completion of three baby blankets. This kind of project is rewarding in that the projects are useless unfinished and by finishing them, the intended can enjoy them. I enjoyed knitting the border (I had to do about 40% of it--way more than I initially estimated) and I think the finished product is one that will be treasured.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!

    I like the idea of finishing it for the person who passed away. Call me sentimental, but I like the concept of an angel watching and smiling as you finished that for her.

    ReplyDelete

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.