Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lovely Yarn

I've really enjoyed knitting with Laramie, the worsted weight wool from Mountain Meadow Wool. I've been knitting some samples for them, using Y2Knit patterns. So far, the Ribbed Soaker (pattern releasing this week), Flip Top Mitt, and Double Star Tam.

As is evident, fabulous stitch definition and the yarn lends itself to even, easy stitches. Here, I'm just using the naturals: cream and two shades of gray. This is really out of the box for me as I always want to knit with color. I'm really enjoying the calm of the neutral colors. I'm actually considering a natural cream colored sweater.

Turns out we have one room left at the Occidental Hotel for our Y2Knit Experience Buffalo in September. It's one of the Bordello rooms (this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity!) that shares a bath with two other rooms. The suite mates are easy going. The Bordello is right next to the snack room, complete with antique dining set that I won't even describe here. You've got to see it to believe it. If one feels the need to swoon or faint, the red velvet fainting couch awaits you in the foyer of the suite. Of course, there's the back stairway, nicked and gouged by the spurs of the cowboy's boots as they climbed the stairs to visit the Bordello. If you are interested, give me a shout! Discover the old west in new ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.