Thursday, September 23, 2010

What have I been knitting?


I always forget to log what I have been knitting. I always have a few projects. Here's my recent output:

A lovely beret that is part of the Experience Buffalo knitting. Sorry, the pattern is only available for those attending this spectacular event. If you aren't going this year, we'll soon post dates for next year. Meanwhile, we're shuffling off to Buffalo, WY.

Because I love the yarn from Mountain Meadow Wool of Buffalo, WY, I decided to work something out with an odd hank I had in their dyed yarn. With only 140 yds, I decided to make some fingerless mitts. I think the bobbles in the beret inspired me.


My default knitting has been the OK Easy Cardigan. I needed something that didn't require a lot of thought as I have a lot going on right now. I've finished the sleeves and am working on the back. I love the hem and how the turn creates a line of color. I chose Kiwi from Zealana in the laceweight because this color has been in my mind for a long time. It's my default color. I picked an odd hank of Lorna's Laces sock for the contrast, and if I say so myself, it's quite fabulous. I put the contrast in the sleeve hem, which will be worn turned back and in the surprise back stripe. Because I didn't have enough yarn to do the body of the sweater hem in the variegated contrast, I picked another color of Kiwi and am pleased with the effect.

This will be good saloon knitting because I don't really have to pay attention. It will be fun to show off at Knitter's Night in Buffalo. Apparently the local knitters are really excited as they don't connect with each other. Once again, Y2Knit facilitates a great connection. More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.