Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Catching Up



I got another package! No yarn, but Susan sent me a name card made in Bejing. I don't know if she was thinking about it when she got it, but I have a bulletin board in my office (currently waiting to be rehung) that is a collage of name things for my husband and me. He has a lot more name cards than I do because he's been doing speeches and presentations longer than I have, but I'm working on it. This will be a nice addition to my side of the board and give me a little more presence. I have a couple of headlines that use his name. While some of you may have unpleasant memories of Hurricane Mitch, he is quite proud of it and especially the huge typeface used in the headlines! Jill doesn't get used that often.

I'm still unpacking my office (oh yeah, and the reast of the house), and awaiting a new desk and cabinet, but I'm getting there. Nothing is as exciting as starting a new project so I am working on a new tank top for an online workshop this summer. This is the 2007 version of the scented yarn from Skacel called Namaste; the scent is sandlewood which I love and is very subtle. I love the swatch color (641), but the sample color (642) is very fresh feeling.


I have a special place in our newly remodeled living room for my knitting. Turns out my spouse really doesn't love having knitting projects piled in the living room so he bought me this fancy leather box that slides under the coffee table. Now I have to train myself to use it as I am much more inclined to just drop my knitting on the floor and walk away. We are going to try to live like grownups. We still haven't resolved what to do with magazines, but that should be less of a problem as the remodeling ends I am letting every single home decor magazine I've been getting for the past three years lapse! Maybe I'll have time to look at knitting magazines again.
When I was in my early 40s a woman who was in her 50s said that you can really only effectively have three priorities in your life. I've been trying to prove her wrong, but as I sit here in my 50s (with my fancy new knitting box!) I'm inclined to think she is right. Now how do you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.