Friday, January 4, 2008

Helmet Liner Update

Right now, I have about 40 helmet liners that local knitters have dropped off at the shop. Melissa was in yesterday for Charity Knitting, very excited because John will be home on leave from Iraq next week. When he goes back, he will take whatever helmet liners we have collected and distribute them.

Another customer, Jennifer Marble, has been knitting liners and sent one to her son, who is in Iraq with the MD National Guard. She brought me copies of emails he sent; the relevant parts follow:

"THESE HATS ARE AMAZING!!!! Did you knit them yourself? They're wonderful, I can't even describe how cool they are. Hopefully they are either very durable, or can be found/recreated again because I promise we'll wear them constantly. "

"The hats are so amazing, all I think about are these hats. Eventually, I would like one a little smaller to see how that fits, but these are already amazing how they are. They're probably the best gift I can remember getting in a long time. "

Once again, the power of knitting!

Thanks to everyone who has worked on this project.

1 comment:

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.