Saturday, May 23, 2009

Visiting Y2Knit

I love this time of year and summer. It's fun to look out and see customers walking through my garden. It's lush and lovely now--I can just imagine in a few weeks. The prize this week are the French Iris. I have more blooms this year than ever.

Most of my plants came from other people (as opposed to buying them). Not only a money saver, but I enjoy thinking about where the plants came from. Now they are big enough to give pieces to other gardeners. These iris came from Deb IntVeldt, a sometime knitter and fabulous gardener. She sells plants and flowers at the Washington County Farmer's Market. I love to bike by her house and see all the flowers.

I hear customers in the shop say they love purple and green together. Apparently nature does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.