Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Travel is over...for now

I think I have finally settled in after the fall travel, which included over 2 weeks in Tuscany and 9 days in Buffalo, WY.  When I return from these trips, the thing I miss most is the wonderful conviviality of spending time with a group of knitters and getting to know a group fairly well.  Getting up and having my cup of tea in the morning is decidedly less fun that sipping tea, knitting and visiting with others in the lobby of the Occidental Hotel or the breakfast room at Villa Maddalena.

Upon my return, there is always this sense of loss. Other than the obvious, I was unable to identify what this was.  Finally it dawned on me:  when I am on a Y2Knit Experience, no matter how hard I am working, I am not overloaded with all the things that enter my personal and work life when I'm back in Funkstown.  What's missing is a less complicated day!  What's missing is finding time to knit!



We had a great time during the Yarns on Stage Debut event at the shop last Saturday.  Fun to see which yarns knitters are drawn to.  Prism sold the most, Alpaca with a Twist and Great Adirondacks next.  There's still leftovers, like after any good meal. 

Sandy brought some delicious carrot cake so we could celebrate Nancy's birthday. She made Nancy her own little cupcake.  I had three servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.