Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Boot Topper Emergency Photos




Jill Says:
We're standing at TNNA and a distributor tells us they need the pattern for the boot toppers ASAP! Neither Susan or I has a camera to take the kind of picture we need, to say nothing of the fact that we are both pretty limited photographers. Susan runs to the Ashland Sky booth to see if Michael Golden (creator of the KnitGauge App) had his camera. Michael is an awesome photographer so was clearly up to this more than Susan and I were. He thought he could do it with his iPhone because he didn't have another camera with him, but we needed someone with boots. So we were casing people walking by. It was Monday, and pretty slow, and mostly people's feet hurt by then and besides, it isn't cold. I kind of forgot about it and suddenly Susan said, "Boots!" I honestly didn't even know what she was talking about for a few seconds. We asked this lovely Japanese woman walking by if she would be a model. Indicating that any distraction was welcome she agreed and Susan ran to get Michael and I helped our model get out of her jacket and into the boot toppers. Did I say she had beautiful boots?

Michael arrived and we took some photos (and I remembered to get out my iTouch to take pics of him taking pics) then realized that having her sit was probably the best way to show them off. I've really never seen a
nyone be so serene while being photographed. Maybe it was because she knew it was only her legs. These are only temporary photos until we can get professional shots taken, but I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.