Friday, March 30, 2007

Hats!!!






This is only vaguely about hats, but Susan's lovely spring hat made me feel like I should chime in.

Wednesday one of my favorite packages arrived--new yarn! This was yarn I had asked Claudia of Claudia's Handpaints to send me for a design we will be releasing in June. This will be one piece of a non-conventional sweater set--the camisole is done in Jade Sapphire 2-ply cashmere. Although I think the cashmere is about the best stuff there is to knit with, I love Claudia's yarn just as much. I'm taking both with me to a desert island.




The original sample was made for me--and I don't want to share my sample with the shop--so we're trying another color (it is sooooooooo hard to choose and my favorite is typically whatever I'm looking at) combination. The original color (Earth Dot) from Claudia's was chosen over the phone to go with an evening skirt I have. Not a completely logical match when it arrived, but I reminded myself that I always say (I hate that!) that it is often the best route with hand paints to choose something not quite a match to really make them pop. The cashmere I ordered without a color card was awfully yellow, but the resulting set--and my outfit--was smashing.

I was also waiting for another skein of Passion Flower fingering yarn because I had run out one sock short of a baby gift. I figured I would need to make two new socks with the new dye lot, but I didn't want to reknit the hat. This skein is very close. This is such a great baby gift--Lace Rib Hat and Sock--quick and portable. Unfortunately the baby arrived the day before the yarn so I need to finish this asap or the next thing I know the baby will be celebrating her first birthday. I got pictures yesterday and I swear she looked just like her dad when she was yawning! You can see what I was able to knit last night (what's on the needles)--and I didn't start until after 8 p.m. and was I in bed at 10:30 and I ate dinner too. The first sock doesn't look too dissimilar, but I'll withhold judgment until the second one is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.