Thursday, March 10, 2011

The little things

Sometimes it's just the little things that make our day.  Yesterday, the little thing for me was my Ear Light.  I was sitting down to eat dinner about 6:30 and the power went out.  I have one flashlight, a very heavy one, and some battery operated candles which give off just a low glow.  I also have a bright, lightweight ear light!

I put it on my ear and was good to go. Enjoyed my dinner (lentil dahl, cauliflower curry and spicy green beans) and dug into my Jonathan Franzen book.  I had planned to be at the computer and after a moment's wishing I had an iPad (charged), just enjoyed the reading time.   I was so grateful to have an easy solution.  I was just about to switch to knitting when the power came on ninety minutes later.

When my son visited recently, he put his ear light on to go out to the car to get something in the dark.  Jill wore hers when she couldn't sleep at TNNA and didn't want to wake me.  I used it the other night when I had alarm issues and couldn't get enough light on the panel to read it.  Everyone should have one!  Probably more useful than an iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.