Sunday, May 1, 2011

We Aim to Please

We don't always get it right. We try, but we don't. But we do try to be responsive whenever someone has a problem with one of our patterns. I got an email on Wednesday when I was out of the office about an error in a recently released pattern. I looked at the pattern on Thursday and sure enough, we'd missed something--both the tech editor and I had missed it. So I fixed the pattern and emailed new pages to the shop owner. I changed the version number on the pattern so we could let anyone who had purchased the pattern know about the problem and make sure no more of the original version go out. Because we self-publish and print on demand, we can pull any hard copies and update our pdf downloads very quickly.

The shop owner is making multiple samples to sell at a local event (she got our permission to use the pattern for this purpose) and didn't like the way a certain piece looked when not on the body. I arranged to call her Friday morning and we talked about her issue and I gave her a new way to do it over the phone and sent her written instructions (more new pages) for the change. Heard back later that the change was just what she wanted. Everyone is happy. I assume everyone else will like the new version, so that is now in the pattern.

My sample of the project was knitted in two colors because I was using up leftover yarn. I assumed that people would want to do it in solid colors, so didn't specify how I had used my two colors. You got it. I put that into the pattern too.

We're happy to try to make you happy, so if something isn't right, let us know. Please be nice; we didn't mean to be anything less than perfect.

Band is called Aim to Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.