Friday, May 4, 2007

I've had some time to think about some of the great conversations I had at Kirkridge. We had more than one conversation about audio books. I finished Heat by Bill Buford on the return flight on Monday. I loved it! It was a great book to listen to; listening to books has been a real boon to me as I get bored when I'm knitting, but don't always want to be watching TV. It has helped me put down my other work and pick up my knitting as I'm excited by getting to listen to my book! Since I am usually knitting I don't get to read as much as I used to so it is really satisfying me.I met our mother, Jane, to get a pedicure/manicure on Wednesday after teaching. She turned over her mp3 player so I can set it up for audible books (www.audible.com). I pulled it out of my purse later on and saw that she had made a cover for it out of Fixation. It is pictured with mine, which is the smallest version of the Fiesta Bag. I love my cover and offered to make one for my husband; he purchased a leather cover instead.

I started our weekend at Kirkridge working on Namaste Tank. I must admit that I reknit the neckline/armhole four times before getting it right. I could blame it on being tired from flying East, but the reality is that I don't always get it right the first time! The first time I forgot to slip the first stitch on every row. I told myself (you know those little internal conversations you have?) it wouldn't make a difference, but it made the armholes and neckline too stretchy. The next two times I didn't like the neck bind off--back to the beginning. The last time I quit talking and focused and got the neckline and armholes I had originally intended. It isn't too late to get in on this online workshop; knitting will start mid-May and we'll finish so we can all wear it for the Fourth of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.