Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Seasonal knitting

It's sunny and warm in Western MD this week. I love taking breaks to visit the garden --I just finished a delicious salad with lettuce, onions and chives from the garden. I have a garden bench under the pine tree that I like to sit on and knit. If it's too hot, I can sit in a chair on the patio. Since I like fresh air and being warm, this is ideal.

I'm working on the Namaste Tank, which is a cotton blend. Many people tell me they don' t knit much when it gets warm. I just change my knitting habits a bit. Small projects are great--socks, bags, baby clothes (I'm also working on a baby hat for Lauren, who's expecting).

It's a good time to swatch and see what those wintery yarns want to be. I like to experiment with stitch patterns and techniques while I am playing with yarn.

I needle felted a small patch with the Artfelt, then decided it was too blah, so I applied a bit more wool with the felting needle. Then, what to do with it? I decided to pick up stitches around the edge after applying a blanket stitch around it. I single crocheted one round, then picked up knitting stitches and played with short rows and yarn colors. Here's what I have so far. I have bound off and have this hanging from the light switch, covering a ding in the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.