Saturday, January 6, 2007

Charity Knitting - January


Charity Knitting at the Y2Knit Shop occurs on the first Thursday. We meet from 10-12 and again in the evening 7-9, with different knitter/crocheters coming to each session. After creating over 900 caps for low birth weight infants for Caps to the Capital - we got lots of help from the community - we are now working on chemo caps for Breast Cancer Awareness of Cumberland Valley. Sadly, they continue to have a need for these, but it's our pleasure to create caps for women receiving chemo for breast cancer.

When I was collecting the caps, I filled two huge boxes and began to wonder how much it would cost to mail them. Jill suggested I put out a collection basket so people could donate towards the mailing costs. I collected $21 and expected Y2Knit it contribute to balance. When I went to UPS on Monday with the boxes, the clerk told me, "$20.98" and I responded, "You're kidding!". She was a bit taken aback by my response, but I was surprised (why? these things to work out) at the cost nearly matching my collection. I am going to tape the 2 pennies change up as a reminder that there is a wonderful balance in this universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.