Saturday, January 6, 2007

Spring in January

We've had unseasonably warm temps this week - not exactly great weather for inspiring knitting, but the weather forecasters promise it will get cold yet. Abigail is chasing a fly in the house, I swatted at mosquitos last night and the stink bugs seem to be everywhere. Outside, bulbs are coming up and trees are budding. A customer told me she had been in Washington, DC and the cherry blossoms were out, along with daffodils. Someone else drove on Rt. 40 from Frederick and reports a bank of forsythia bushes in full bloom. The flowering quince (japonica) in my yard is budding.


My garden, one of my sources for inspiration (how I love to sit on the bench in the warm weather and knit!), is still alive. I walked through this morning and see I have broccoli to pick and lettuce is still growing. The spring weeds are doing well, as evidenced by the ground cover leafing out in my walkway. Perennials are sending up new shoots. I don't know how they will be affected if we do have cold weather and the ground freezes. The garden pests are probably flourishing too.

With spring in January, I was inspired to pick up some pastel pink yarn this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.