Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Friday Night Social Knitting at Y2Knit

Social Knitting was in full swing when I arrived an hour late. They had saved me a place though so I settled in and got busy.

To my left were Marge and Janice (left), both accomplished knitters who were working on exciting projects. Beside Janice was Frankie (below, in red), a talented silversmith, knitter, crocheter and cro-hooker (sounds interesting doesn't it?).



Across from me was Margret (left), also an accomplished stitcher who has been visiting us while her mother recouperates from surgery. We'll be very sorry to see her go and hope she comes back often to visit.

Next is Susan (right), shop owner extrodinaire, who hosts these get-togethers and offers liberal amounts of help, advice and encouragement. She taught me to knit and is my mentor in all things knitty.


Last but certainly not least is Kathy (below), who was busy making hats. She's also a great knitter and friend and I really look forward to seeing her at these events. She seems to be as enthusiastic about yarn and knitting as I am and I'm looking forward to going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival with her this year. I'm a festival virgin and she's offered to show me around.

If you're ever in the Hagerstown, Maryland area on the second or fourth Friday of the month at 7pm be sure to stop by and see us. We'd sure love to meet you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.