Friday, April 8, 2011

Busy Woman

This is as close to my office as I could find. I've actually excavated my desk down to just a single sorted pile of stuff. This isn't too far off because I have two desks in my office, one with a desktop which Kristen works at on days she's here, and I work at when she's not and I want the pleasure of a 24" screen. The other desk is my desk, which is always piled with stuff. although I'm constantly telling myself I'll get it tidied up. I have a 17" laptop on that desk, so I related to this photo with the two monitors. When here by myself, I sometimes have both computers going.

I decided to write this post as I posted a document on the back of a file container where I can see if from my desk so it isn't always lost on my desk. Keeping in mind that I should use photos of people I went to google images to find something. If you put "woman at desk" in you get about 13,500,000 results. If you put "busy woman at desk" the number plummets to 6,310,000, almost all of whom have clear desks. The cluttered or worse desks have frantic (posed) looking women. I don't think I look panicked (most of the time) but my desk is definitely being used. Today I have about 12 patterns on my desk, some waiting for edits, some waiting for pattern writing. I also have several files of things which I need to talk to someone about or do something on. My inbox has a couple more patterns with edits. There are also lists of things to do.

I have additional piles of knitting, papers, files and miscellany on a worktable, and a few things on my credenza that feel slightly less critical. Notice the woman in the picture doesn't have knitting needles in her hands. Neither do I. That's what I do when I'm finished working at the end of the day, just like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.