Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pure Bliss

I had a half an hour yesterday before I had to leave for a haircut. That turned into 45 minutes when I got a call that my haircutter was running late. I was staring at the copies of the Natural Baby Collection patterns and a list of topics on subjects I could expand upon when I found myself launching Illustrator. For some reason, doing illustrations just makes me happy. It is probably the only drawing I do these days, and it is just pure joy to try to figure out how to communicate something. I get to think about the shapes that I see, not what those shapes are, then try to find a method in two dimensions to make that real to someone else without getting too caught up in the total reality of the drawing.

I came back from my haircut and got to work for another 45 minutes, and now I've worked about 45 minutes today. I've got the bits for a series of drawings to illustrate the flat 3-needle BO. I can probably easily create the illustrations for the 3-needle BO from the same drawings, then these components can be used to create illustrations for other techniques.

I've got so much other work to do that I can't dwell on this any longer today, but it was indeed Pure Bliss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.