Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peeps

This has nothing to do with knitting, though maybe that's not entirely true.  I've talked to a number of knitters in the last week or so that have a (sometimes secret) love of Peeps.  Their true confession usually expands to telling me that they like them when they are stale and chewy.  So, the ritual seems to be to acquire the Peeps, then open the package and let them sit for a couple of days to reach the right consistency. 

My fascination with Peeps includes liking to eat them:  stale, bunnies, and eat the ears first.  I also look forward every year to the Washington Post's Peeps diorama contest.  Such creativity!  I'm not detail oriented enough to tackle a project like this, but I do come up with some concepts.  Yesterday I was walking and listening to NPR's Fresh Air interview with Donovan Hohn about his book Moby-Duck.  His writing started with wanting to explore what happens to shipping containers and their contents that fall into the sea while in transit.  His focus was on a container of rubber duck bath toys.  Can't you just see that diorama?!  The yellow chicks could be the ducks.  Blue tissue for the sea and mock up a ship and shipping container (this is where I stop as I can't imagine taking the time to do that).  Alternatively, undersea creatures and ducks/chicks bobbing above them.  Anyway, I found other things to do with my time.

I have placed a few Peep bunnies on toothpicks stuck in a piece of the Passover horseradish.  They will remain in the open air until Social Knitting tomorrow where I plan to poll participants as to their preference.  Take my poll at the right and let me know yours!  This is anonymous.  No one will ever know. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.