Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hope

I rarely carry a camera or take pictures because I have a good memory and can store images and color well in my brain.  I don't have an urge to share what I see because I think you had to be there to really appreciate it.

I finish knitting projects and forget to take pictures before I send them away.  I think I should take pictures of projects in process and then I forget. 

Recently, I almost understood why people carry cameras with them. 

On Sunday, I took a bike ride and saw 17 wild turkeys in a field, no doubt finding some tidbits from last falls harvest.  A couple of the males had their feathers spread--quite a site!  Then I passed fields full of wild grape hyacinth, creating waves of blue among the green.  It took my breath away.  Click, stored that image for my later enjoyment (but alas, not for yours).

Today, the sky is blue after several gray rainy days.  The peach tree in my back yard that grew out of my compost and gives wonderful peaches in July is in bloom.  I can't capture the smell here, but the pink is perfect.  There's a saying, "Hope springs eternal in the human breast."  Spring brings eternal hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.