Friday, April 16, 2010

And There Were Two


I finished my second sleeve!

Yesterday was a crazy day. Just odd, not bad, just not really under my control which is unusual, but more unusual, I managed to not get freaked out about it. How this is in any way related to my second sleeve is that in the craziness I suddenly had almost an hour of time with nothing to do and the only thing I had with me was my knitting! I knitted for a while, then cleaned out my purse which had been driving me crazy because there was so much paper drifting around in it, then knitted a bit more.

I continued to knit while I got a pedicure, and in fact overshot by an entire pattern repeat (8 rows). So when I finally sat down last night to knit, I ripped back to Rnd 7, bound off my stitches and moved the sleeve to waste yarn! After dinner I cast on 192 sts for the body and got most of the way through the first row of the body. Reading that it sounds like I must be the slowest knitter in the world. But if you don't eat dinner until after 9 pm, there isn't really that much time to knit if you also read the newspaper and eat dessert and go to bed at 10:30.

We got up at 6 am today because Mitch had to be at the office early. I always try to do something I wouldn't normally have the time for when I have to get up early, so I put the gas grille grills in to soak and finished my first row, joined and worked my first two rounds. Body is officially underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.