Saturday, April 24, 2010

Boonsboro Greenfest


I'm looking forward to participating in this fine event on May 8. I checked out the website today and was very impressed by the recycling opportunities. I can donate the sewing machine that doesn't work.

Y2Knit will have a booth to educate about the joys of knitting and the wonderful eco-friendly products we knit with. Peni Renner, who crochets bags out of "plarn" (grocery bags made into yarn) will be with me. She's now spinning the plastic--don't ask me, just come out to see for yourself. I might try knitting some of it.

From the list of vendors, I expect some good food treats, educational and networking opportunities, and a chance to meet some great people. I asked to be near a couple of plant people I know, so herbs and starter plants are on the list of things to bring home. Last hear I got this awesome purple cauliflower from Deb (Harmony) that I hope she has again this year. It was so beautiful and tasted great.

If you live in the area, this is a great place to learn about sustainability projects and products in Washington County and to support your local businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.