Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Great Writer


Last night we took Mom to see Ian McEwan at City Arts and Lectures. I love these talks because I am so interested in how creative people make lives and careers for themselves. And it is so fun to see people whose work you admire. I have read most of what Mr. McEwan has written (not his children's books or all of his non-fiction) and much of what has been written about him (thanks to Mitch's clipping service). This was a standout though. Funny, smart, humble, educated, writerly. Even the audience didn't ask silly questions.
I carried my knitting with me all day, but never had a minute to knit. I had maybe 7 minutes before the CAL where I could have knit, but I didn't. I talked to my mom instead, which is also important. By the time we'd dropped Mom off at the Heritage, drove home and fixed dinner, it was 10:25 pm.

All that I have to show for knitting yesterday is that I got my knitting into a project pack and got the pack into my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.