Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I am determined to get into the practice (and hopefully learn to use my camera) of documenting my progress on some of my knitting projects.

We have reconstituted the Sea Shell Knitalong on Ravelry and I am back to knitting it. I am working on my sleeves, which will have red trim, then lime for the rest. I had a bit of a rocky start, but seem to be moving along
nicely now. This is a mediocre picture of my trim. I kind of got going late last week, but realized I'd done the pattern wrong,
so ripped back to the trim on Sunday while waiting for dinner to cook. I got back into knitting it after dinner, and got past where I'd ripped Sunday. Mondays I don't get a lot of knitting done because I usually work in my office until I leave to run (often literally!) to my Pilates class, then I get home about 8 p.m. and put the garbage out.

I have a little knitting time while waiting for Mitch to get home from his Pilates session, then a little more after we have dinner about 9:30. So I'm lucky to get an hour of knitting in. But last night I did get about another 1.5 inches done. Today I put in Stitch Dots, and while cropping my photos, I realized that I have actually done one more increase than I have marked, so I only have about another 1.5 inches left to knit before I put this sleeve aside.

These plant fiber yarns are really a pain when the ball starts to fall apart. I had saved a mesh vegetable bag (I have another one, probably in a drawer in the kitchen--I need to find that), and tamed the yarn that had come undone on the outside of my ball and put it in the mesh bag. Nicely behaved yarn. I think I bought 5 lbs of potatos in that bag! I buy all of my produce at the local farmers market and actually avoid buying the ones that come in these bags because they seem wasteful, but I'll have to remember this for plant fiber yarns. I've had a bit of time lately unravelling messes of plant fibers.

If you're interested in the Knitalong, check this out. http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/sea-shell-knit-a-long-is-back-on-april-1st-2010/1063402/1-25#14


No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.