Friday, April 9, 2010

Music




Here are the photos you should have gotten yesterday. Just for fun.

Last night the show at Yoshi's with Bill Frisell and Marc Ribot was just mind-blowing at times. This often happens to me at concerts where they are playing new music. I just get completely overtaken by something I never expected. Last night was unexpected. I was expecting a show of more experimental jazz and what I got was American Songbook, but it was played in the most unexpected way. Apparently the unnamed (as yet) group has done an album of country songs featuring singers (not necessarily country), but in arrangements that are completely not country.

Let's just say that I will never think about Roger Williams and Dang Me! in the same way. When Bill and Marc got their guitars screaming it was really quite incredible. Marc also sang, in a really pleasant, non-professional voice, and the whole thing was really eye-opening. Great to see musicians enjoying themselves and each other. Whew.

Jazz reminds me of designing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.