Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another Thread


In the interests of efficiency I am trying to combine two projects. How can that be, you might ask. I am having a session with a videographer today to figure out what I need to know to create videos for online classes. Presumably I will need to show her something so she can test out possible processes, I need to write a class plan, and have some technique to demonstrate.

I'm working on a trim for a shawl. When I say that, I mean I'm trying to figure out the trim for a shawl that is currently being knit in Bijou Basin Laceweight yak. I'm looking for a way to adapt a crochet technique to knitting needles. Surprisingly, I thought about it for a while and I think I've got it! But then I needed a swatch to try it on, and it needed to be using larger-than-laceweight yarn, in a light color. Lucky for me I have many lovely yarn offerings from Yarnsisters and Zealana, so I picked up the pale lilac Cashmere/merino--I mean why not make a swatch from the best possible yarn?
That was what I knit on last night. Sadly, at some point about Row 11 of the swatch I missed a YO so I had to do some frogging to get back to that Row and so I'm not finished yet. I did take a couple of pictures to demonstrate starting from the center for a counterpane and how it looks a few rows in, and establishing a lifeline in lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.