Thursday, April 15, 2010

Buffalo Gals


Jill and I are visiting Buffalo, WY next month. When I booked the Bunkhouse Room at the Occidental Hotel, Angela reminded me that our arrival night (Thursday) is Bluegrass Music night. I'm so excited.

We'll be visiting Buffalo sites in anticipation of our upcoming event in September.

While listening to Fresh Air podcast this morning, I learned that the recently deceased Malcolm McLaren had a song "Buffalo Gals." Published in the 70s, it has a hip hop sound. Lyrics aren't notable, unlike the more traditional "Buffalo Gals." The Boss has a good rendition of the latter version. Every Time I Die also did a song "Buffalo Gals."

For May 13-16, we'll be Buffalo Gals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.