Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yesterday was just a rush of activity that seemed not to stop until I went to bed. Susan and I had a call with our marketing consultant, followed by my AKD board meeting which was moved forward a day to accommodate Stitches South. I grabbed a quick lunch, packed up my things for teaching and Pilates, did some research on design companies (I have to understand each of the 15 companies--two students are doing the same one--so that I can guide them through creating their portfolio) for my afternoon class, then headed downtown. I got off the train and went to pick up a top I had ordered that had come in and picked up pants that had been relined from the tailor for Mitch. Spent 15 minutes giving tips to the tailor on how to make his website a brand statement and information source, then went to school. My class went by pretty much in a whir because I have to meet one-on-one with each of the 16 students. I brought a kitchen timer, gave it to a self-described ADD student who manned it for me (giving each student 5 minutes) while students worked in small teams. Some discussion on homework, showing previous portfolios, answering questions, following up with a few students and 2.5 hours is gone! Then a student asked me some questions while I packed up, my department coordinator passed on some information to me when I returned the portfolios, I put my things away and went to Pilates.

Hundreds with sinus pressure was agony. But after that I seemed to be fine, if a bit tired! My instructor Keegan always makes the hour go quickly, dishing out little bits of torture in amusing and realistic bites. I got a seat on the train (unusual), but I almost feel like it makes the trip up the hill more difficult as I start to relax. Mitch was out at a business dinner, so I made myself dinner and worked on some design knitting until he came home. We watched The Daily Show and I went upstairs to read.

Even though I did a lot, I didn't feel like I got any work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Store: 100 E. Baltimore Street Mail: PO Box 480 Funkstown, MD 21734
Phone: 301.766.4543 Fax: 301.766.9276
info@Y2Knit.net
Copyright 2011 Y2Knit. All rights reserved.